We are looking for a Victim Services Caseworker to help individuals in the Village of Dot Lake, Alaska that are at-risk. The Victim Services Case Worker is under the general supervision of the Tribal Administrator. The position works with the Victim Service’s Project Coordinator and the Victim Service’s Advisory Council to provide appropriate services that conform to tribally established guidelines. In this role, you may be working with victims of child abuse, neglect, domestic violence, persons suffering with physical or mental illness, or community members dealing with substance use disorder.
To be successful in this role, you must follow rules, regulations, traditions, and customs set forth by the Village of Dot Lake. You will need to be empathetic, but also be able to set boundaries. You will need to have strong communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Victim Services’ Project Coordinator and the Victim Services’ Advisory Council as they create the procedures for assistance
- Research options and alternatives services for victims
- Work with other organizations and agencies to provide services to victims
- Investigate and establish telehealth services
- Keep track of cases, assistance, and data in a highly confidential manner
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of victim’s services and programs
- Knowledge and understanding of the community including cultural values and beliefs, history, and family systems.
- Energetic, forward thinking, and creative with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- All applicants are subject to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy including pre-employment testing.
- Indian preference applies
- Ability to communicate effectively, write reports, and make informed recommendations on clients’ wellbeing.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate verbally in a professional manner.
On the job training is available. All employees of Dot Lake are required to obtain their COVID-19 vaccine before the first day of employment and pass a hair follicle drug screening prior to employment.